Mid-grade Urban Designer
About the Company
Our client is a studio of talented designers with offices across the Gulf which has Urban Design, Landscape Architecture and Planning at its core. They have been offering outstanding service in the built environment for more than fifty years, conceiving the delivery of built projects as a love for the craft and its process.
This office provides a vibrant and cosmopolitan atmosphere where exceptional design and collaboration are key to its ongoing success. Furthermore, growth in this direction is a key goal for the current management team.
About the Role
As a consequence of various newly won projects and ongoing involvement in current schemes, the office is looking to grow its Urban Design team at various levels.
The position offered seeks to find design orientated individuals with a special interest in Generative Design. A strong believe and ability in the implementation of this new approach to design in conjunction with more traditional methods will be a key factor that sets the appointed applicant apart.
Within a fast-paced and creative environment, we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate passion for the design and construction of better cities.
The ideal candidate will be a strong and energetic Urban Designer with an outgoing and sociable character, willing to become part of a healthy and dynamic design environment.
You will bring passion for creativity, storytelling and artistry to the office while demonstrating you have problem-solving skills and ability to manage teams and projects.
Amongst others you will:
• Have a background in Urban Design, Landscape Architecture and / or Urban Planning.
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the spatial arrangements that give form to urban areas.
• Have a good understanding of the production techniques, procedures and standards related to urban planning and design projects.
• Be able to provide mentoring and support to other more junior members of the team.
• Have experience working as part of a collaborative team on the delivery of projects as well as feel comfortable handling workload.
• Have a particular interest in Generative Design.
• Ideally have a knowledge in the use of 3d software programmes such as Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, City Engine or Dynamo.
• Be a design orientated person with creative flair.
• Be familiarised with the production of conceptual design strategies from Visioning Studies through to Detail Design.
• Be familiarised and have had experience in the preparation of development control regulations, urban design guidelines and masterplanning reports related to urban development projects.
• Have exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients, stakeholders and other multidisciplinary consultants.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Urban Designer to become a member of a growing team which is moving in a fresh and exciting direction.
Every good relationship starts with a conversation.
Our client is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Urban Designer with an architectural background to join their well-established design team based in London.Read more
Senior Urban Designer
The company is looking for a Senior Urban Designer with 6+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
The company is looking for an Urban Designer with 2+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
Principal Urban Designer
The company is looking for a Lead Urban Designer with 10+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
Mid-Grade Urban Designer
The company would like to enrol Mid-Grade Urban Designers / Planners with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience for an initial 6 month Fixed Term contract. The selected candidates will take part in a range of national and international projects, many of them based in the Middle East.Read more