Senior Ecologists (Autumn 2022)
£37,000 - £45,000
MidlandsNorth EastSouth of England
About the Company
Looking to join an environmental consultancy that truly look after their people? An award winning team with a great track record? Make a real difference on projects in a variety of sectors and scales. Our client retains both long term employees and clients – testimony to their respected calibre and track record for building positive professional relationships.
Their current portfolio of work includes:
- biodiversity action planning, offsetting and green infrastructure.
- residential and commercial developments.
- local authority support and private clients.
- heritage and leisure sites.
- mineral extraction and utilities.
- renewable energy and infrastructure.
- project design, site / habitat management and expert witness advice.
About the Role
Our client is seeking an individual to join the teams in three of their six UK offices to apply growing expertise and a chance to broaden their horizons within a supportive consultancy structure. Your enthusiasm and passion for the environment will be further advanced within our clients great culture for developing skills, training, mentoring and chance to work across different sectors at a variety of scales. This is a chance to further your:
- relevant professional ecological experience.
- broaden ecological skill-set and ideally add to your one or more protected species licences.
- knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation.
- confidence in written and verbal communication.
- effective project management and client liaison skills.
- abilities to identify and resolve ecological issues.
You have followed enthusiasm for ecology for biodiversity and the wider environment for people. You have an innate desire to promote high professional standards in ecology and have been on this journey in environmental / ecology consultancy for a minimum of three years already.
With a good knowledge of relevant wildlife legislation and ecological survey methodologies in conjunction with one or two protected species licence(s) your skill set is heading in the right direction for this role. You have a high level of motivation to seek a team that fully supports you training and has great approach to recording TOIL and flexible working arrangements. You are keen and interested to find out more about our clients cloud-based project management and GIS systems. Their kit is great!
You are looking for a role that will put you, and your collaborative capabilities, directly in front of clients, project partners, directors, teams and key decision makers.
- Membership of CIEEM and a good BSc and/or MSc in a relevant subject.
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
Every good relationship starts with a conversation.
Graduate / Junior Landscape Architect
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone just getting started in their career.Read more
Graduate Landscape Architect
Our client is looking to expand their team with a Graduate / Junior Landscape Architect.Read more
Senior Technical Landscape Architect
Our client is looking for a Senior Landscape Architect with strong technical skills associated with detailed design and implementation on-site during construction.Read more
Associate Director Landscape Architect
This is an opportunity to jointly lead one of the leading design consultancies in the South-West of England & Wales.Read more
CMLI / Senior Landscape Architect
We are looking for an ambitious Chartered Landscape Architect with a minimum of 5 years UK experience working for a similar design studio.Read more