Associate Director / Director (Ecology)
About the Company
Employee owned, multi award winners, for their environmental projects and strategies alongside prestigious awards for their approach to employment and their 200+ skilled professionals, this team has a core determination to achieve sustainable development for their clients. Our client has achieved their reputation for their innovative research driven work in the UK and internationally. Operating from six offices across the UK in a collaborative environment FOR the environment across diverse public and private sectors.
Environmental Assessment + Planning
Impact assessment + geospatial services.
Green + Blue Infrastructure
Light Pollution + Climate Adaptation
Strategic Biodiversity Net Gain + Environment Led Capacity Studies
Urban Regeneration + Garden Villages
Minerals + Energy Landscapes / Restoration
Recreation + Tourism
Open Space + Play Environments
Habit Legacy Planning + Management Policies
About the Role
Are you ready to take the next step to lead a great team within a supportive consultancy structure? Want to make a difference in a biodiversity role with fantastic career development? Can you demonstrate a track record in ecology consultancy with a great understand of diverse habitats and landscape dynamics?
Our client is seeking to:
- Continue leading from the front across a broad cross sector client base in the region from Bristol and Cardiff offices. This lead role will identify new work opportunities and lead on business development initiatives, in line with the consultancy strategy.
- Identify a clear pathway to taking a wider consultancy leadership role deploying new energy to procedures and protocols. The projects provide variety of scale, ecological discipline and sector.
- Find a great individual to uphold their values, team ethos, and consultancy acumen an infuse the teams with a great understanding of these. Line managing and mentoring colleagues and contributing to team-wide training and development initiatives.
- Ensure that the individual is accustomed to client facing role; a confident, organised team lead to further the reputation of the business. The role will encompass managing tenders, bids and project pricing in addition to representing our client in professional networks.
- Grow their ecology consultancy capabilities from an established background designing and implementing survey protocols inspiring others to innovate and research bespoke solutions. Embracing biodiversity principles to some of the most inspiring and varied development projects.
- Support career progression for the successful candidate within an established leadership team.
Like many consultancies the ecology order books are full - rapid growth of this team has been possible due to their great reputation. The successful candidate will report to the Board Director for Ecology.
Seeking a fantastic opportunity within a science driven, distinguished employee owed company? This medium sized consultancy is enthusiastic and dedicated to high quality research. You could be part of this success story and help further the business growth as an EQUAL partner.
You care about the legacy we all leave and hope to deploy your established skill set to further advance your career in a wider ecology role. You share our client’s commitment to the environment by understanding the current legislation and having a track record or demonstrable knowledge of:
- A wide range of ecological taxa, survey methods and assessment types (including a working knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain and Ecological Impact Assessment). Comprehensive knowledge of the development management process as it relates to biodiversity.
- Habitat surveys, reporting to a high standard, habitat creation and implementation through to construction and management. Landscape dynamics, topography, hydrology and soils, in particular a good understanding of the upland environment for renewable energy projects.
- Managing a complex portfolio of ecological consultancy projects, demonstrating a keen knowledge of a wide range of ecological taxa, survey methods and assessment types (including working knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain and Ecological Impact Assessment). Resolving complex issues alongside other technical specialists with innovation.
- Undertaking procedures, protocols and policy reviews, analysing data sets participating in stakeholder engagement, negotiations and consultation exercises in addition to a track record of delivering projects both in the field and office environments.
You are :
- Poised to continue to work alongside clients, inhouse teams and project partners to determine site appropriate solutions in a collaborative manner.
- Experienced in managing business development and have sustained winning work for your teams by preparing bids, tender and pricing documentation.
- Holding a line management position currently and keen to flex those team development skills within a supportive consultancy. Mentoring colleagues comes with ease and contributing to team-wide training and development initiatives.
- Adept at navigating the implications of policy and nature conservation legislation and holding the line for the best outcomes. You ideally hold Current protected species licence(s).
- Prepared to use your strong communication, organisational and CPD skills to advocate for Biodiversity New Gain and Ecosystems from a lead perspective.
- Educated to degree level [or with equivalent level of skills / knowledge] and hold minimum years consultancy experience with appropriate professional qualification (e.g. CIEEM).
This is a superb opportunity for you. You will be joining a team that strive for and achieve high standards, embrace new solutions, apply a moral compass within a diverse, inclusive and participative culture.
Sound good to you? Get in touch with Zoe on 07963572925 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more on this role and the consultancy.
Every good relationship starts with a conversation.
Our client is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Urban Designer with an architectural background to join their well-established design team based in London.Read more
Senior Urban Designer
The company is looking for a Senior Urban Designer with 6+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
The company is looking for an Urban Designer with 2+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
Principal Urban Designer
The company is looking for a Lead Urban Designer with 10+ years of relevant experience to join their team in London (other offices around the country are also a possibility).Read more
Mid-Grade Urban Designer
The company would like to enrol Mid-Grade Urban Designers / Planners with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience for an initial 6 month Fixed Term contract. The selected candidates will take part in a range of national and international projects, many of them based in the Middle East.Read more